How to Cultivate a Passion for Life!
The repetition and mundane nature of modern living often drives into a rut of boredom! This can hinder our progress toward both material and spiritual benefits in our lives.
Rather than be trapped in a cycle of boredom, regret and depression, here are 5 rousing mantras and stotras to drive your enthusiasm, motivation and inspiration!
Breathe in the fire of passion!
Fire embodies the nature of passion, power and activity – tap into these energies through worshipping the deities associated with fire: Durga, Skanda, Agni and Hanuman!
All of these four have a number of things in common – they are all worshipped on Tuesdays, favour the colour red and are prayed to for greater momentum and impetus in life.
- Clear the path! Ganesha is added to the list as the first point of call in any auspicious effort! A mala (rosary round) of a Ganesha mantra can well clear the obstacles from your life and get you out of a rut. Click here to see the Ganesha Gayatri.
- Fight and slay your inner demons! Durga is the embodiment of the Shakti of the Gods. Praise her using the Gayatri as the Divine Mother to receive help in getting mentally fighting fit to battle your inner demons – ie low tendencies such as procrastination, laziness and a lack of motivation. See the Durga Gayatri here.
- Start a Journey to find your way. Skanda is the son of Shiva and Parvati and the General of the Gods. He is closely associated with travel and closely protecting his devotees; if you are looking to move either career or abroad then worshipping Skanda is an excellent method of making change happen in your life! Hear the Kanda Sashti Kavacham here and learn the Saravanabhava mantra here.
- Allow the Divine light to point the way. Agni is the God of Fire Himself. He is lauded as one of the three most important deities in the Veda (the Ancient Hindus’ sacred texts). He is the messenger of the Gods and carries oblations made into the sacred fire into Heaven. He is the physical representation of light and heat on earth. Pray to Agni by listening to or chanting the Agni Suktam – click here to hear it. Praising the God of Fire will allow your voice to be heard in Heaven and for your path to be lit by Him. In other words, deep contemplation on Agni will allow you to seek your own way through introspection.
- Stay enthusiastic and see God in everything you do! Hanuman is known as the ultimate bhakta or devotee. See my prior posts here on Hanuman and his mantras.
Such a routine can be used in any situation – to add that burst of energy and confidence, or simply as a refreshing mental boost.
One interesting point from these mantras – and particularly for those of Durga and Agni – is that when you begin with great concentration and also as you near the point of mantra siddhi (or complete control of the mantra), you will literally feel a great heat emanating from within your body when you chant the mantra.